Here is qualification details for the 2024 OCR European Championships in Batumi, Georgia – June 6th-9th
On this page:
- Short course national team selection
- Standard/classic course team selection
- OCR100 national team selection
- Adaptive athletes
- Junior athletes
- Foreign athletes
Do you have to qualify to race the championships?
Yes. Please see further details below.
Do you have to be a British Obstacle Sports member?
Yes, qualification to the OCR European Championships is via your national federation. So you need to be a British Obstacle Sports member to represent the British National Team and meet certain eligibility criteria.
Do you have to be a British citizen to qualify or be selected for the British National Team?
You must meet certain eligibility requirements to represent the British National Team such as citizenship and length of residency. Some newer residents may not be able to represent Team UK. We will support all British Obstacle Sports members, so if this applies to you please reach out to us. More information can be found on the World Obstacle website or by contacting British Obstacle Sports.
OCR100 /100m national team selection
The formal selection process will be released before the end of September. We may release some information prior.
Para national team selection
Para athletes must complete a short course or standard course listed below to qualify for both of these distances at the OCR European Championships. Para selection for the OCR100 will be published with the details of this event.
Short course national team selection
For the 2024 OCR European Championships you can only be selected for the British National Short Course Team at short course events. Given the smaller number of these events in the UK, we will be working with events and training centres to offer more options for qualification. We will also include some events such as the Spartan South West Sprint that are slightly longer than the British Obstacle Sports definition of a short course.
- * 50% rule applies to age group spots
- ** An elite band finisher will qualify for age group if they do not qualify for an elite place
- *** No age group 50% rule at the British OCR Junior Championships
- ‡ An athlete racing in the elite wave may be awarded an age group place if their time would have qualified the athlete if they had ran in the age group wave. This is an extra qualification spot and does not impact how qualification is calculated for age groups.
Classic/standard course national team selection
For the 2024 OCR European Championships you can only be selected for the British National Classic Course Team at classic OCR events.