Level 2 OCR Coach Certification
The Level 2 Obstacle Course Race (OCR) Coach certification is the entry level certification for fitness professionals working with people who wish to participate and compete in obstacle course races. It’s designed by World Obstacle, the Fédération Internationale de Sports d’Obstacles (FISO), the international governing body for obstacle sports and related events.
The course aim is to prepare fitness professionals in providing safe and enjoyable OCR training experiences from young people aged 12+ through to adults of any ability. It is also the first step towards higher level coach certification and is broken down into 3 parts.
- There are a number of prerequisites required before achieving the level 2 coach certification that are tracked and managed by the British Obstacle Sports.
- People attending the course should be qualified gym/fitness instructors, personal trainers or higher-level qualified fitness professionals. Where someone does NOT have these, the level 2 coach programme integrates into the Active IQ level 2 in Gym Instructing and this can be dual certificated at extra cost via British Obstacle Sports.
- Level 2 OCR Coach certification consists of a number of modules covering theoretical principles delivered via webinar. Then an onsite day covering obstacle technique and strength, running technique and fitness, and how to plan and instruct coach-led sessions. This is typically integrated into the level 2 practical assessment.
Level 2 Certificate in Gym Instructing
- Day 1 onsite (8 hours) – Saturday 23/7: Client consultation (modular summative observation) and instructing gym-based exercise
- Day 2 onsite (8 hours) – Date TBD: Instructing gym-based exercise (summative assessment)
- The following online modules will be agreed with the coaching group:
- Course intro and induction: 2 hours online
- 4 hours online support per student (or attend optional OCR coach day)
- Anatomy, physiology and fitness e-learning: 10 hours including the multi-choice exam
- Professionalism and customer care: 2 hours online learning and then a worksheet and professional development assignment
- Health and Safety: 2 hours online and then a worksheet and risk assessment assignment
- Client consultations: 2 hours online and then a worksheet and assignment
- Planning gym based exercise: 2 hours online and then a session plan assignment
* The on-site training will be completed at Rumble Fitness in Milton Keynes.
Level 2 OCR Coach
- Contact for next date.
The current cost are as follows:
- Level 2 OCR Coach – £99 (discounted from £149)
- Certificate in Gym Instructing – early bird price of £299 (discounted from £499)
- Level 2 OCR Coach & Certificate in Gym Instructing – £398 (discounted from £598)
How to book
Please contact us for details.