British Obstacle Sports is the national governing body (NGB) for obstacle course racing (OCR) and ninja sport in the United Kingdom. We are a member based, voluntary, not-for-profit national federation that exists to represent the needs of the sport through member representation and engagement.
As a member of the Fédération Internationale de Sports d’Obstacles (FISO / World Obstacle) British Obstacle Sports complies with all FISO eligibility criteria and will remain a member in good standing as outlined in the FISO constitution and bye-laws. British Obstacle Sports is seeking recognition as an official UK sport and is keen to work with the community, events, and partners to grow the sport.
We exist to:
- Safeguard the sport so it is always safe, accessible and available to all.
- Protect the unique nature of the sport for future generations.
- Actively promote the sport to underrepresented groups.
- Raise awareness of the benefits of obstacle sports for an active and healthy lifestyle.
- Guide and support UK grassroot obstacle sport activities.
- Contribute to achieving a net-zero emissions world by 2050.
Develop pathways from mass participation up to world class British athletes.
- Raise the standard of competitive obstacle sports in the UK.
Represent our members at World Obstacle and EOSF meetings and elections.
- Promote the values of sportsmanship, excellence, courage and community.